More like a money laundering than an airline!

KLM
2.2
  • Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

TimHiggins's review of KLM

“More like a money laundering than an airline!”

written by TimHiggins on 07/02/2023

WHERE do you start with these guys? I booked flights for us from Belfast to Krakow, changing at Amsterdam for April, for a three-night stay from a Monday to Thursday. Not very long after booking, KLM changed the outbound flights from Monday to the earlier Saturday. We were not prepared to have to pay for 2 extra unwanted nights in Krakow, so I requested a refund as my right.

[The booking itself had already been a joke! To avoid a charge for a credit card OR debit card payment, I chose international bank transfer, which meant I had to ring my bank, who took me through endless menus with many clear warnings about being sham online - was I sure this was legitimate? etc. - had me worrying, tbh.
I had to book seats at extra cost, which nowhere said that this was only optional, thinking I was being charged extra for an undisclosed charge (No, I'll just stand, please). When I finally got the tickets, they said 'Now choose your seats', so I rang KLM to ask why they hadn't BEEN booked. The assistant told me I had no booking. Insisted that on his system there was nothing showing. I thought I HAD been trapped, but I told him I HAD actual tickets from THEM... THEN he found the booking; hallelujah! Now, why weren't my seats booked? Oh, they weren't! My total price did not show any seats! So if I HAD booked them, I had just lost them. I was told this was only optional - doesn't say that on your site, mate!]

So back to the refund. Nothing happening at all, but I ended up being told (after an ad for KLM popped up on my Facebook feed and I complained to them) that refunds would take up to 30 days, and complaints up to 3 months, in a reply on their ad post!

On day 24, they emailed to ask for my bank details! I replied to THAT email that I wasn't replying to any email with such details in case it was a wrong email, and asked for a direct link to them to share this. No reply. Maybe it WAS a sham.

So at day 30 I checked for dispute resolution. They're with AviationADR. I started the online complaint form - you have to complain to them in writing FIRST! So I tried to contact them AGAIN, and found the link on their site to enter my bank details (thank you for telling me, not as if you didn't know the account the £373 came from!!). I entered the details, and wrote the complaint, saying if I wasn't refunded right away, I'd go to AviationADR.

Day 32, they reply to my email with their direct phone number to ring.

It's now day 34. I rang the number, explained that I had already filled in my details online. Got them to confirm that they had them. Told them I wanted my refund TODAY or I was going to contact Aviation ADR.

"I understand and I'm sorry, sir, but all you can do is wait."

"It's our agents, sir, and I can only tell you that you'll just have to wait."

MANURE! Told her they were a joke and hung up. Went to the ADR site, started my complaint... "When did you complain to KLM?" I entered last Friday's date...
"YOU MUST WAIT 8 WEEKS FOR THEM TO RESPOND"

What The Pluck!!!!!!!!!!?

I want MY money, back in MY account, so I can book something else, with MY money, you sick, sorry dip*hits! 373 BL***Y POUNDS!

HOW LONG?

HOW ******* LONG WILL IT BE!!!?

Capitalist Custards!

Timhiggins's Response to TimHiggins's Review

Written on: 09/02/2023

Why have you removed or changed every instance of my words ? It's not a direct accusation in any of the contexts. Just reporting how I felt about the whole thing!