Not always to blame

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

PLBtheoneforme's review of Jet2.com

“Not always to blame”

Written on: 15/03/2020 by PLBtheoneforme (2 reviews written)

Hi.

I had to come back to do a follow up on my earlier reviews. I don't set out to write bad reviews unless they are truly justified so in this case I want to sing the crews praises.
I'll start from Lanzarote's departure lounge which was pretty much busting at the seems and seats were like gold dust. Once out of your seat it was never to be yours again which I hope will help with my following comments.

Being a below knee amputee and having a very nasty sore on my leg made walking a painful experience. The walk from the car park was pretty tough going and then through security and shops was a nightmare and I'll add that being a "stubborn so and so" didn't help as I don't take assistance, anyway I found a seat and then settle down but after a little while I was in the need of a nice hot coffee so up I got and a nice coffee was purchased. Seat now gone so more walking to find another seat which I did. Drank my coffee then my daughter text saying it looked like a delay was on the cards so up I got to look at the board and it said no gate given until 18.15 which was my boarding time. I now go to find another seat and my leg is getting worse! I waited until 18.11 and then stood where I could see the board and low and behold gate 2 came up so off I went and wow I was first in the cue. I began to have trouble standing as leg was extremely sore now. Girls came out and began to do their bit and I beckoned one over and explained my plight and she immediately offered me a chair but I explained my stubbornness, she said just say if I change my mind, well it got to a stage where my left leg was numb due to all the weight I was putting on it and my right leg was so so sore. I called her over and explained and like a flash she said come on and she booked me through and took me onto the plane (first) and a welcome seat was shown to me. I couldn't thank her enough as she was so helpful and a very delightful member of the crew. The pilot explained the situation and that we couldn't enter French air space due to French strike but he said he would try to make up as much time as he could. On landing at Stansted the pilot couldn't apologise enough, he wished us all a safe onward journey.

He was an absolute gentleman and although it's his job he went that extra mile for all the passengers and it was appreciated so well done you.