London Heathrow to Entebbe with Cairo Transfer

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

lzGeorge48's review of Egypt Air

“London Heathrow to Entebbe with Cairo Transfer”

written by lzGeorge48 on 04/01/2015

Thought the cheap ticket and quick turnaround time at Cairo (1 hour) would be great for a trip back home from Uganda. This was a mistake.

Outbound flight from Entebbe was delayed by 90 mins which meant that I, and 8 other passengers, missed our connecting flight. Egyptair were kind enough to put us up in a hotel and inform us of the next flight (10 hours later). They handled the inconvenience ok-ish but didn't communicate with us very well. Eventually the connecting flight arrived but we were 90 minutes (again) delayed in taking off.

Return trip from Heathrow was almost a carbon copy. Outbound was delayed 2 hours (late incoming flight and sitting on Tarmac) and again connection was tight at Cairo - even I f they did hold the plane. Despite Egyptair's tardiness, we the passengers were made to feel as if it were our fault the plane was delayed as we were hurried about Cairo airport. Again the flight was delayed about 2 hours and, eventually, we got in 2.5 hours late to Entebbe.

On board, I found that the staff were not very accommodating: I continually requested water and was met with shrugs and even a refusal (we've run out). Found that they were not polite and uninterested in the inconvenience to passengers.

Overall it was a gamble I took but won't take again. I would not recommend this route to anyone and am reluctant to recommend Egyptair at all.