Skiworld do not care when their holidays go wrong!

Skiworld www.skiworld.co.uk
3.2

tvBarnett387's review of Skiworld www.skiworld.co.uk

“Skiworld do not care when their holidays go wrong!”

written by tvBarnett387 on 31/03/2017

To start with I booked with skiworld because the last few ski holidays I have been with big groups with skiworld and I have been happy with the service overall. I booked a "Luxury" holiday with skiworld this ski trip to treat myself after a rough year and feel like this was mis-sold and over priced to say the least on their website.

After landing and being greeted by a lovely skiworld rep I was placed on a lovely little coach at the airport I was told would take me straight to the Chalet. 10 minutes later I was then moved to another coach, while still in the airport car park having to move all my bags over my self. After half way down the journey into the mountains I was moved back to that original bus. We were then all taken to a main skiworld hotel in Val d'isere and the others from my Chalet went straight to the Chalet from that hotel after having to unpack and repack their bags. Unfortunately, I was waiting at this Hotel for another hour or two plus till I was taken, it seems I may have been forgotten.

THE CHALET MADELEINE ROOM

1. No room heating or heat control what so ever. Room was cold especially when the wind was up and it was minus 17-21 outside in the night.
2. Toilet didn't flush properly and took 2-3 flushes to even take a few sheets of toilet paper.
3. No room key and so felt a unsafe leaving items in my room with a cheap front door that didn't close correctly.
4. Only just enough space for one bag in the room and this was meant to be room for 2 that I paid a subsidy to be in.
5. No heated towel rail (these were apparently brought from England and were not compatible with the french plumbing?).
6. Front door doesn't close properly.
7. Front door was left open a couple times by the baker so from 6am - 7.30am cold air had been blowing in.
8. No main light in my room which was only fixed the following evening.
9. Hardly any light in the bathroom to see yourself in the mirror so shaving was impossible. There were only 2 weak lights in there?
10. Only one plug socket that was hard to reach behind the side table with broken glass in the room.
11. Massive crack in the glass on the side table that looked like it was going to split/shatter at any point.
12. All room doors slamming with no catch to slow them down.
14. No WiFi in the rooms.

THE CHALET MADELEINE

1. No wifi or so weak normal web pages wouldn't load like BBC News.
2. No TV first 4 nights and just the first 5 terestrial channels after the other guests in our chalet fixed the wiring on the sky box, DVD player didnt work.
3. No food on time first 3 night and the wait between courses was up 45 minutes on more than a few occasions.
4. Hot dishes were served cold and then when sent back came out cold again.
5. No orange juice after the 2 day till the last day. Same with bananas.
6. Bad organisation on transfers.
7. The fire was only on Tuesday night and had wood provided for that only, the mess was there for the next 3 nights. I thought on the website it says we were going to be greeted by a warm chalet with a fire?
8. The lounge and communal areas were not cleaned properly most nights and food was left on the floor over a few nights.

This was my 3rd and last trip with Skiworld as the service this time felt like an insult. I spent a lot of money that I worked long hours to make and felt that this was a stressful week that was missing most of the common ammenaties that I would of expected from a "Luxury" trip. My last trip was with a group of 10 and my next trip this year will be with a big group, but with how this was run it will definitely not be with skiworld.