So terrible words almost fail me

286McClure's review of Confetti & Lace Lakeside

“So terrible words almost fail me”

Written on: 08/10/2017 by 286McClure (1 review written)

I visited in the summer to try on some dresses. If the reviews were for my advisor Rose than this would be a 5* as she was amazing. Many of the sample were a UK 6-8 (some actually smaller) and she was clearly embarrassed that this meant many wouldn't fit me (I'm a size 14). This is the only shop I've been too where so many of the samples were in limited sizes. Rose worked really hard and was very respectful of my likes and dislikes.

I found a dress I liked there, however the behaviour and attitudes of the other members of staff are why I chose to find this elsewhere. During my fitting I could hear other staff, including the supervisor/duty manager talking negatively about Rose. I generally couldn't believe it was happening, not only with her nearby but with a customer nearby. The supervisor then decided to aggressively interrupt discussion I was having about how certain styles I find uncomfortable, telling me I wouldn't because why did I think they had been in business 30 years and talking about their seamstresses. Considering all the negative reviews and direct feedback I've had from people I know has been about the quality of the alterations service I found this somewhat of an interesting moment. I have worked in customer service for a number of years and can honestly say the attitudes of most of the staff are the worst I have ever encountered.

It may be on the day I visited a certain person was having an off day. However considering how anxious the younger members of staff were I find this highly unlikely. This is the first time I've ever felt strongly enough about service to leave a review on Google.

Of most interest to me today is that the reviews on Facebook suddenly date back only a few months and are also all 5*. I can tell you know that when I previously looked in here there were many mixed reviews. It will be interesting to see how long it is until this one is deleted!!