Had mine for years & love it.

trampjuice's review of Roger Black Gold Treadmill

“Had mine for years and love it. ”

Written on: 18/01/2013 by trampjuice (3 reviews written)

Bought mine 2nd hand from ebay. Had not had much use. I was suspicoius about the treadmill being as good as a proper gym one, but it is just as good IMO in build quality. I have only done about 20 miles on it, but had it for years. It seems sound so far. But the support for the treadmill is dreadful - I tried to get a basic manual for it. No chance. Not on the internet anywhere.

I really love it - After some horrible dental problems giving me repeat infections for many years, meaning I could not exercise, I am doing the 'brad pitt workout' now to make up for it.

Since a lot of the program is aerobic weight loss the treadmill is just fantastic in the deep winter months.
Best to give it a go with music plugged in. You cannot compare the calorie burn from a treadmill with anything else. 600kCals is not unusual per 40min session.

One thing I am disappointed with : I had to move the treadmill a few times so had to unwire the bottom deck, unscrew a pile of screws and remember where all the wires go. I could then fit it in the back of my car and move it. It took about 2 hrs to disassemble and a day to reassemble though.
If the Roger Gold Treadmill had a simple slot in junction box which costs about 20p users could unplug the deck and move it at will!

The engine on my treadmill is 1.75HP and when I run on a incline its certainly good enough. I have bought some proper silicon lube for it.