Avoid this card nightmare Post Office Travel Money Card

Post Office Travel Money Card
1.4

479Brown's review of Post Office Travel Money Card

“Avoid this card nightmare Post Office Travel Money Card”

written by 479Brown on 27/04/2024

Avoid this card nightmare of the Post Office Travel Money Card

This card was suggested in the post office, unaware the staff had no understanding what they were “selling” they were in fact miss selling.
It was explained that with the card I could load currency to the card for no charge, and use it when travelling anywhere, with no charge or commission and when back in the UK get your money back with no charge.
Sounds great, so I agreed and got the card adding a large amount using my credit card (so it was protected) no the bank charge for that, but staff at the post office gave no warning so £12 cost so far.
Next day trying to activate the card was another fiasco, reading other reviews sounds like I am not alone.
Decide to travel to Spain, so returned to the post office to add more money, in cash this time, staff had no idea what they were doing, talked about commission but I had no idea they were reducing the amount I was adding to the card to cover commission!!
This happened again, only when I visited my local Post office was I asked how I wanted to pay the commission!!!
After paying another £7 commission I returned and contacted The post office only to be told yes there is a commission charge to add funds. I was told it was free to add euros, but the Post office says you cannot now add euros, the whole system is as clear as mud.
The reading reviews from other users unable to use the card abroad and many other issues my advice is don’t get one, it is being miss sold and I will write to the FCA. The staff cannot sell these ecards as they don’t even understand what they are selling.
On the wall at the post office a large poster saying win £5000 with the card, asked the staff even that they could not tell you how to enter let alone win.
310 people gave the card one star are the post office reading reviews or even listening, clearly they do not care.