Shocking Company

4.4

Morrislt212's review of whistlingwoodzs - whistlingwoodzs.com/

“Shocking Company”

written by Morrislt212 on 14/01/2023

Destination 2 are a shocking company!!! Booked my holiday through them as I was getting married in Mauritius. Once confirmation came through the room type (ocean club room which is the only club room advertised on their website and the one I had booked) was incorrect on confirmation. I contacted them immediately but they said if I wanted to change room it would cost me more. I then asked to cancel my holiday after numerous emails and phone calls and was told I would lose my deposit. This was their mistake so the matter is now with trading standards. They may be a little cheaper but the customer service is simply shocking.
To confirm I was booked into a room that didn’t even exist and it was me that informed destination 2. There’s a designated Facebook page dealing with all the complaints about this company it’s that bad. I only have lost my deposit, I had a lucky escape. I would add a picture of the confirmation email stating the none existing room type I was booked into.
Please also note that they don’t do quotes via email, so you only receive confirmation of what you are booking AFTER you have paid the deposit.
Do not book with this Company as they are not ABTA registered.

Customerliaison's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2023

As advised already, this is inaccurate and our customer service team has advised you that your call was listened to which supports the room type booked was your own selection. There was no mistake by us. You have been given options to amend or cancel and this will be at our booking terms for your own unfortunate error.

Tony706's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2023

As stated the room type booked into by destination 2 doesn’t exist which has been confirmed directly with hotel. In your own words you booked me into an alternative room. Let’s confirm something that it was your mistake not mine! When you are spending over 10k on a wedding you expect things to be correct.
CAB have been informed and contacted trading standards as this seems to be happening frequently.
Please look at destination 2 support and complaints designated Facebook page to see the feedback on this company. As I said I had a very lucky escape