OK for accomodation, BAD for flights

gustavoang's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“OK for accomodation, BAD for flights”

Written on: 01/10/2013 by gustavoang (2 reviews written)

I have used lastminute.com many times over the past 4 four years for accommodation, and everything worked OK, never had any issues.

However, I booked return flights from London to Italy via BA with 6 months' notice, and I regretted it a thousand times:

A month after the booking they emailed me to tell me that the flights changed and I'd be departing later from a different airport! I called them and asked them to revert that, to no avail. At least I managed to get them to find me an earlier flight, but still from a different airport.

Two months before the trip, I got another automated email to tell me that the flights changed again, to a different time and airport. Called them and they reverted this.

Three weeks before the trip, I got one of those emails again! I called them and they sorted it out.

I saved around £20 initially by booking the flights via LastMinute.com compared to doing it directly via BA, but had I known what was going to happen and how much money and time I'd spend calling them, I'd have happily paid the extra £20.

Get Great Holidays Deals From Expedia