Like Waterboarding Babies!

2.2

Aldenq421's review of Water Babies Baby Swimming Classes

“Like Waterboarding Babies!”

written by Aldenq421 on 24/06/2022

My daughter was five months old and I enrolled us at our local YMCA. As soon as we got into the water, one of the instructors took my baby girl and abruptly dunked her underwater and spun her around. When she was face up - she was gasping and had a look on her face I will never forget! She was shaking, too! I was told to use "one finger" under her head to support her to float. I felt so bad, since she was born I did everything to avoid injury, pain, cold, hot whatever. It was all shattered that day. When I finally got her out of the pool, she turned her head the other way from me. She was upset and I felt so guilty. I called my husband crying and he drove over immediately, confronted the "instructors" and demanded our money back. (A small fee, I forget, but..) My daughter developed anxiety and fear of suffocation and I know it's from that terrible experience. It is possible that things have changed, but I live with that regret every day.