Apalling service for student account

HSBC Student Account
1.7

• Overdraft Facility

Guest's review of HSBC Student Account

“Apalling service for student account”

written by on 26/07/2014

After applying on line for a student account I waited for the confirmation letter/email requesting i take my ID and student offer in to my local branch. After 10 days this still had not been received so I went to local branch anyway who said a letter should have gone out as my details were on their system. I continued to finish opening the account in branch. I was told I would receive debit card, cheque book account opening info within 5 working days. Over two weeks later, still waiting for ANYTHING to arrive. Rang their very unhelpful helpline and after being grilled for 25 minutes was told that the boxes saying debit card and cheque book not required had been ticked on the application form. Needless to say they had not been ticked by me, only thing I did in branch was sign my name twice! They said it must have been a mistake by the girl in branch and they would order them now but I would have to go to the branch to collect them and could not have them by post! I am closing the account and going to Santander! Probably wont be much better but wont stay with HSBC on principle. Appalling service and totally disinterested in sorting out their error.

• Overdraft Facility