Good first bike.

• Reliability

Guest's review of Kawasaki Z750

“Good first bike.”

written by on 09/09/2012

Review for a Z750, 2010 with 3,500 miles. This is my first bike so I can't really compare it too much else. For a beginner it is PLEANTY quick enough. I can easily keep with my friends Hornet 900cc and Ducati 1100 Evo. However in the corners and twisties the bike does not inspire confidence and I don't quite feel safe on it sometimes. I can't be sure if this is me or the bike but as a beginner it worries me. More miles will tell as at the time of writing I have only covered around 1,500 miles.

The breaks are ok but nothing special, luckily I have never had to stop quickly from high speed (yet)!

Generally the build quality is excellent, the paint work is top notch (metallic organge pearl), everything works as it should. MY only gripe is that it should have come with a rear hugger.

Fuel consumption is good, I get around 120 - 150 miles on a tank.

Driving at low speed the fuel injection can be a little jumpy but it feels settled and willing to potter round town.

The sound you get from the engine is great, it really sounds like a super sport when pushing hard.

The ride position is perfect for me, however the deat is terrible. I struggle to ride for longer than 40 minutes before I need a break.

For its class and price bracket I could not find a bike that quite matched the Z750 for performance, looks and price. On that basis I do recommend this bike for beginners and intermediates.

My next bike will be a Z1000 or Speed triple (i hope).

• 2010