Ball Tearing Sports Tourer

• Build quality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Kawasaki ZX9R ZX900 F2P

“Ball Tearing Sports Tourer”

Written on: 27/05/2017

Bike-2002 F1
Believe me when I say the F1 and F2 are faultless...in every respect...even with stock pipes, stock rear shock and forks and yes, they can be a sports tourer and a VERY competent one at that.
This bike will slay many other machines (even big red v twins) in the hands of a competent rider and will have you dragging knees and looking for the apex. The key....you must spend time...a lot of time getting the suspension and ride height set up CORRECTLY, when you do you will be amazed at how competent this machine really is. A correctly set up F1/F2 will never shake its head or get out of shape and they simply do not need a steering damper, they really are that stable.
I am 48yo, 6'1" and 86kg nude. I feel no need what so ever to replace the stock screen with a double bubble etc. The stock screen is perfect. My shoulders and helmet are in clean air and at 120kmh the 9 is the most comfortable sports machine I've ridden. At 220kmh it is pure rock solid bliss and just humming nicely.
I live in the mountains of South East Australia and regularly do 400km 'loop days' around my favourite roads. Does my back hurt?...nope, shoulders?...nope, knees?...nope, neck, wrist? no. Now the critical question...does my butt hurt?... No, that seat is pure bliss, wide and supportive with plenty of room to slide forward and back.
Good solid tank range of around the 300km mark depending on your wrist and the headlight is nothing short of excellent (the rocker can be positioned half way between the high and low beams, with a bit of dexterity, to have both on at once).
In summary, don't think twice...just buy one. Everyone whose sold theirs now wants them back!

• 2002