Don't support faster payments

Post Office Online Saver
1.4

Guest's review of Post Office Online Saver

“Don't support faster payments”

written by on 17/08/2023

Lost my faith after just 24 hours of opening an account online. Opened an account online no problem then tried to transfer my opening deposit from linked account but the PO online service was down albeit I woke to an email asking me to transfer my deposit or they will close. Transferred the Opening transfer from another bank that morning (no idea how to do it from linked account despite it being an option) which annoyingly then only showed in my new PO online account 24 hours later so again attempted a small transfer next day as a test which again didn't show some hours later. Rang their customer service to raise my concern ahead of a larger deposit who told me this is standard to take 24 hrs and if I wasn't comfortable then don't deposit any further money when i said this doesn't sound like the account that will work for me they said its my choice if I want to close online. Thus I will close once i see my latest deposit but why advertise good rates to entice large deposits but fail to mention you don't support fast payments? If smaller banks and institutions support it then I would expect BoI/PO to as well. Reading other reviews it just sounds like more hassle than its worth dealing with them.

• Easy Access