Downright Data Intrusive Company.

1.4

Nathalieb299's review of Brook Street www.brookstreet.co.uk

“Downright Data Intrusive Company.”

written by Nathalieb299 on 10/01/2023

3 months I've been going back and fourth with this company for a TEMPORARY JOB. They wanted UNEDITED BANK STATEMENTS. They even threatened me with fraud for blacking out my personal purchases!

They wanted tax returns, tax numbers, passport, ID, Bank Card, National Insurance Card, a 30 page application form, bank statements from 2017. Yes, 2017. Professional references, normal references from 2017...

References from a job 6 years ago?! The company doesn't even exist anymore and yet their stupid application process is dead in the water because some dude I put down as a reference from a job I had 6 years ago didn't respond to you?!??!?!?!

Are you out of your god damned mind?!

What an utterly appalling company. WHEN they get data breached you're going to be a victim of fraud and you'll be doxed.

Be sure to invoke your right to erasure under "data protection law, Article 17 of the UK GDPR."

It is imperative that you do this. I cannot stress this enough. They are criminally intrusive. It should be illegal.