A complete debacle!!

• Food

Guest's review of Harry's Bar Newcastle - www.harrysbarnewcastle.com

“A complete debacle!!”

Written on: 01/05/2016

We were having an emotional ( due to personal reasons) family get together, so we called Harry's Bar for a table, while I appreciate it was a late booking at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon for 8 people and they said we may need the table back at 6pm we thought that's ample time to have a meal and a glass of wine....how wrong we were.... they sat us at our table, and that was it? Now I could tell you all that happens but it would take far too long so let's just say, we had to go to the bar and get our own wine, asked 3 times for someone to take our order, 5 times for water, they got EVERY course wrong, the main course was a complete shambles, which meant that someone sat and watched everyone else eat until theirs came at every course, this also meant that we were there for three and a half hours!!! They did compensate us on the bill but to be honest it was too late by then, the blaze attitude of the staff not even a proper apology means..Will I go back? No...Will I recommend to anyone? No...they ruined our day, we felt ignored, a nuisance and some of our party were upset by the experience. And to top it all the food wasn't even nice :-(, . My advise avoid at all cost!!