3 out of 3 false positive tests

Guest's review of Predictor Pregnancy Test

“3 out of 3 false positive tests”

Written on: 10/05/2012

DO NOT BUY THESE TESTS!!! myself and my husband are trying for baby no. 3, and having been pregs twice before I thought I felt a little 'pregnant' (bit sicky, tired, bloated etc) so bought a 2 pack of these tests and did one 5 days before my period was due. VERY faint line after around 6 or 7 mins, so decided maybe wait and do the second one first thing the next morning. Again, very faint line after only 2-3 mins. Having never used this brand and reading the reviews on here about them being unreliable, I bought a First Response Early Test which clearly said negative.
I phoned the helpling on the Predictor pack and after being passed round several departments I spoke to a very nice lady who assured me their tests are ALWAYS accurate, First Response is much less sensitive and to make a doctors appointment as "congratulations, you are defiantely pregnant!!!" and also for my peace of mind, buy a single one of their tests which would be from a different batch to prove it!... which foolishly, I did and hey presto, positive!
Therefore, when my period arrived on the expected day I was a little confused, and concerned. Phoned my gp who sent me straight to a&e with suspected ectopic pregnancy where i had blood tests to prove I was not, and had never been, pregnant, and that these tests are so sensative they pick up pre-period hormones.
Almost a week of thinking I was pregs and a night of stress and hurt in hospital because of these unreliable and seriously flawed tests.... STEER WELL CLEAR and use Clear Blue or First Response.

Click here to see the full range of Baby Products at Amazon