Inaudible customer services

• Extra Features

Fussyfellow's review of BT

“Inaudible customer services”

written by Fussyfellow on 30/08/2023

I am reviewing a very disappointing episode concerning BT Customer Services. To be clear I am not reviewing or complaining about the Customer Services operative I spoke with, he was doing his best to be helpful, I am complaining about the quality of the call.

I rang from a BT mobile, the background noise at the call centre was such that it was like trying to shout over a crowd. To make things worse, for some reason (not the fault of the Customer Services operator) the line faded away to inaudibility. Both myself and BT's member of staff had to shout to be heard. This meant that things needed to be repeated numerous times and it was an altogether unpleasant experience.

Added to the above the BT operative is clearly required to try and sell me a better/longer/more expensive contract. Why on earth would I sign up to that when the current line is not up to a basic useable standard?

BT, you must do better, much better in this area.

• Reception