Don't go there! Ignorant staff, worse management & overcharging

BP Petrol Stations
1.2
  • How do you rate the customer service?

PaulF66's review of BP Petrol Stations

“Don't go there! Ignorant staff, worse management and...”

written by PaulF66 on 18/12/2012

Filled up & went to buy a few items i needed to take advantage of the 5p/litre discount for spending over £10. Cashier rang up everything, missing multi-buy discounts, didn't discount the fuel and then processed the transaction as cash. I was paying by card, so the cashier became annoyed and walked off. A manager came to the till & asked me to go out to get cash to save him having to refund & rescan the shopping. I refused the kind offer and pointed out that the discounts hadn't been applied in any case. Instead of processing my card transaction & then sorting out their mistake, the manager spent almost 10 minutes refunding the original transaction and only then rescanned purchases. Again, no discount for half of the multi-buys, and no discount on the fuel. When I asked for the discount, he abandoned the time consuming effort to keep the till reconciled and took a few pounds strait out of the till instead. unfortunately, as i was now very late, I missed the fact that he'd not applied the multi-buy discounts till i was home. In the end, I've been overcharged just under 5% of the total bill. Customer service number only operates from 9-5, so there's little chance I'll get time during my work day to follow up and get my money back.

• BP Park Street Roundabout Herts

Which branch did you use?

• How do you rate the customer service?