Good to start with... please read on....

Archer373's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“Good to start with... please read on....”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by Archer373 (1 review written)

So I Spent £2600 on one of their very high end machines, From the start I had a minor issue with hard drives disconnecting (I suspected a loose connection) but overall it didn't bother me enough for me to say anything as it was a fast fix.

Coming from a background of PC building I was keen to see how the "PROs" do it. and to be honest the build was excellent. So why 3* you may think... well let me tell you. Not mentioned anywhere on their website that I could find easily is the following:

Once you bought your PC from them you them have to seal it up within two weeks to prevent you from accessing the inside - if you do not do this your entire 6 year warranty is void!! You get a piece of paper attached to your PC stating this. Now as someone who likes to keep their £2600 PC in top condition this is not really acceptable as you cannot clean the inside, but hey, their are ways around this.

To be honest the customer service is a little hit and miss - I always found that when emailing the engineers I was given far more information where as when I spoke to the sales team they were often dismissive and/or not really interested in your questions, lets face it, a couple of grand being spent... you want some decent answers when having a bespoke build... none the less nothing major, just thought that could of been better.

So my PC two months on:
Hardware failures.. I am currently on the process of an RMA to solve issues to which I have been told if it is anything to do with software, I will have to pay all labour costs, I doubt that it is as after 4 fresh windows 8.1 installs, 5 hours with Microsoft support and no other software on the PC other than the operating system I should be fine, but I have read some bad stories on here so had to be sure..

I will right another review on the product after the RMA has gone through though.

• Medusa - bespoke build and more. £2600+