Pressured & threatening.

4.2

ChristineMBevan's review of MyBuilder.com - www.mybuilder.com

“Pressured and threatening.”

written by ChristineMBevan on 25/10/2023

WH Paving just completed work on my drive.I continually had to email in order to request improvements to their work.It took 8 days rather than 2 as quoted.Incredibly fast talking Irish owner who was economical with the truth on several occasions.I felt uneasy from the day of his initial visit when I had requested a quote for a resin drive.The owner was pressurising,and persuasive and the quote given verbally.He shook my hand and asked for £500 deposit there and then,with no means of a receipt.The final straw was the moment after the Tarmac was laid,the owner asked for payment.I stated that I would send him a cheque using 1st class mail.He became very threatening and said if I didn't pay immediately,he would tear up the Tarmac.He called his mate,who came across with a pick axe to do the deed.This is totally unacceptable and left me very shaken.I felt extremely uneasy and anxious throughout the time the firm were here.I truly feel that WH Paving is not worthy of displaying and advertising membership of "My Builder"as a result of this incidence,which I am certain is not an isolated case.