Would not reccomend

4.4

1984Harris's review of Gilera Stalker

“Would not reccomend”

written by 1984Harris on 01/11/2021

I bought this bike second hand last year and it has been nothing but trouble. We were looking for a cheap bike for myself as i passed my CBT, we found Gilleras had the best reviews and great value for money but this is far from the truth. When we got the bike it had a few starting issues but it ran just fine. After using it for about a month we were finding the battery would drain it's self after just an hour on it, we decide to take it into a well known shop to see what the problem was but when we had it back things just got worse. The brand new battery would not hold charge and we were having to take it out during the time I wasn't on it to manually charge it, once we replace the freshly charged battery it wouldn't start with the key and it takes about 30 kicks to get it going on the kickstart. Indicators stopped working halve way to my destination, lights completely shut off and the tickover just wasn't right it, the engine would completely shut off after as little as 20 seconds of idling. after just over £500 of tinkering and repairs in a different shop the bike still won't run and is now unsafe to use.
Yes this could be fault to the shops we brought it to but these were well trusted in out community and all the other bikes they had worked on have come out like new. This could have been a great bike but it's just horrendous when it starts to break.