They lie to sell you I'll fitting bras

Rigby and Peller
2.9

1959Holland's review of Rigby and Peller

“They lie to sell you I'll fitting bras”

written by 1959Holland on 01/12/2015

Rather than writing it all out again, here is the email I just wrote...

I would like to register a concern and complaint about the service I received in your Cambridge grand arcade shop on Saturday 21st November at around 5.30pm.

Being a large busted woman who has varied between an 34E up to a 34L when pregnant and now down to a 30H i have bought dozens of bras and been fitted dozens of time in other stores. This was my first experience of Rigby and Peller and I was expecting excellent service from such a famous store. I was therefore extremely concerned when I received poor advice during a fitting.

The styles of bra I said I liked only went up to an F, and I pointed out that, as an H, I was unlikely to find a bra, but the assistant suggested I have a fitting anyway just in case they sized differently. I was dubious but having previously shopped in Bravissimo I was open to the idea of bra sizes varying and fit being different. However when she returned with a fitting bra and put it on me - a 32G I think - the material front and centre was not lying against my skin. 'That's a lovely fit!' I was told. I pointed out the central section issue - clear evidence that the size was wrong and was told 'oh that often doesn't sit flat against the skin.'

Um.... Yes it does.

Anyway, she handed me another -
The one I'd said I liked. An F cup. It was nowhere near big enough and cut into my breasts at the front - way too small in the cup. At this point she suggested going up a back size. This was ABSOLUTELY the wrong advice. I am a 30 back. Going up to a 34 would mean the weight (all 2kg) would hang entirely from my shoulders and the strap would ride up my back. Back ache and sore shoulder would result. I laughed at the suggestion because it was so ridiculous.

She was clearly desperate to get me into an F because she knew that style only went up to that size.

Going to such a high end establishment, selling such expensive bits of lace and wire, I expected excellent service. Instead I experienced - basically - lies about the fit of the bras, and a dreadful lack of knowledge about how to fit larger busted ladies.

I will not be shopping in your stores again. I guess you don't get what you pay for after all. I will return to Bravissimo where the service is always excellent and the bras a quarter of the price.

Sent from my iPhone