So disappointed

2.9

Janeymh's review of Rigby and Peller

“So disappointed”

written by Janeymh on 03/05/2013

It has been an ambition of mine for many years to go to Rigby and Peller to buy a bra, as I thought they were going to be really special. I went to the Mayfair store without an appointment . They were quiet and I was seen quickly. The advisor was very pleasant and visually assessed me as a 32H fitting. I have been wearing a perfectly functional but rather dull 34 FF Fantasie bra for years. I was hoping for something just as well fitting but a bit more colourful and pretty. She helped,me on with the bras and sort of 'pushed' me into place.
I tried on about 6 or 8 bras and spent nearly £400 on three bras and a swimsuit.
When I got home I wore one of the bras for a couple of hours and as I moved around, bent over etc I found that I bulged over the top of the cups and got that quadruple bosom effect which is the classic sign of a badly fitting bra. It was also rather tight around the ribs . I tried on the others and found the same effect.
Clustomer services at R and P were quite helpful advising me to return them ,which I did.
The swimsuit appears to be fine.
Th advisors should get you to move around wriggle about, and, crucially, bend over to check that the bra still looks right during normal wear, especially if you're on the large side.
They have promised me a refund and said they would ring to confirm, but I'm still waiting to hear .
I will be out of pocket anyway as it cost me £6 to send the items back.
A very disappointing experience.