No idea what the fuss is about!

Rigby and Peller
2.9

Guest's review of Rigby and Peller

“No idea what the fuss is about! ”

written by on 21/04/2012

I wanted to find a decent strapless bra for my wedding, as well as a t-shirt bra for day-to-day wear, so I booked a fitting at the Knightsbridge store, expecting to pay a little more than normal for something that would fit perfectly and last well. However, I was BLOWN AWAY by the prices, which seemed to start from about £80 for the simplest bra!

The assistant stood and watched me as I undressed, which I found very uncomfortable and intimidating. She immediately knew my back size just from looking at me, but guessed my cup size to be around a DD-E, when I have ALWAYS worn an F or FF (every other bra fitter I've seen previously has confirmed this). She came out with a selection of about 8 bras, most of which were obviously too small (there was quite a lot of overspill - not a good look). When I told her I didn't think they fitted properly, she not only insisted I was wrong, but started saying that the reason one of them in particular didn't fit was because one of my boobs was bigger than the other. I have honestly never noticed this (and I'm someone who scrutinizes my body a fair amount) so I felt it was not only an exaggeration but said in a way that made me feel uncomfortable and criticised.

Then came the icing on the cake: when I asked if I could try a couple of the bras in a FF, I was told that they don't go up to that size! So THAT'S why she was so intent on packing me off with a DD/E! Outrageous. I left feeling like I'd just completely wasted my time. Given R&P's reputation, the fact that they don't even go up to a (reasonably standard) 30FF is unfathomable. I'll definitely be sticking with Bravissimo in future - a decent range of sizes, much better customer service and all at a fraction of the price!

Zantrey's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2015

They do go up to a FF they probably just don't want you to try it because they know the correct size for you and are just trying to be helpful (although maybe had got it wrong on this occasion).