Appalling Service

Guest's review of Chorus Law - www.choruslaw.co.uk

“Appalling Service”

Written on: 04/04/2017

My two sisters and I went with Chorus Law after our mother passed away and her house went on the market in May 2016. It got an initial flurry of interest and there even appeared Gi because 'bidding war' as potential buyers mounted up.
Chorus Law suggested the ones we should go with (even though it wasn't the highest bidder but they suggested that this buyer would be the swiftest).
That was in September 2016.
By December 2016 it turns out that the buyer had no mortgage in place.
Repeated phone calls and emails to Chorus Law just produces delaying tactics.
The original member of staff left and we were then dealing with another member of staff who was no better.
The buyers finally exchanged in March 2017 with completion meant to take place on 31st March (delayed by at least half a month).
Completion did not take place and, although Chorus Law intimated that the result of their not sticking to completion would mean that we got to keep their 10% deposit, all that happened that... more delays! As Chorus Law gave them more time to complete!
It is now April 2017, nearly a full year after the house was put on the market to a flood of interest.
One of my sisters couldn't buy her new house as she was expecting a quick sale and reliant on the money. I have two court cases out on me due to monies put as I was expecting to pay my debts swiftly.
Chorus Law will wreck your life and NOT sell your house. Why? I don't know, but when one is dealing with the aftermath of the death of a loved one, this is a terrible way to be treated.
We are considering suing Chorus Law for incompetence.

Choruslaw's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2017

We are sorry to hear your concerns, and we would like to opportunity to discuss them further with you. If you could email us more information about your case (you can find the email address on the Review Centre page), we will look into things for you.

Ricosvident's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2017

Thank you for replying. I will email you after Easter with all details.