WIFE'S GUCCI - SORTED

• Layout of shop

steveeN's review of The Watch Lab - www.thewatchlab.co.uk

“WIFE'S GUCCI - SORTED”

written by steveeN on 11/01/2018

I visited The Watch Lab, York on 26 December 2017 (Boxing Day!) with my wife's Gucci wrist watch for a new battery to be fitted, but also a problem with the watch back wouldn't 'click' back on. Don't ask!
The guys in the shop would have a look at it but, when I returned to collect it I was told that it would need to be sent to their main workshop to be repaired. On Tuesday 9 January 2018 I got a call from the shop telling me that the watch had been returned from their main workshop but unfortunately they had been told that it was un-repairable and to collect it when I could and the repair charge would be refunded. So, the next day I called into the shop to collect it. We were going through the refund process when another gentleman behind the counter and looking very much like the "man who can" and knew what he was talking about interjected and said he would like to have another look at the problem and suspected that the watch back had become 'deformed' with repeated attempts to make it fit. He recalled working with a Rolex engineer and a 'trick of the trade' he had learnt from him and would like to try. He would call me back when he had had look at it. Within the hour, I got the call and was told that the problem had been sorted and to call back and pick it up. So, many thanks to the "man who can" for sorting it and for returning what would have been a £400/500 un-wearable watch to its former glory and value. The wife is well chuffed.

• york