Awful!

• Layout of shop

Ellief499's review of H. Samuel Stores

“Awful!”

written by Ellief499 on 22/01/2017

Took my engagement ring in for a quote as my diamond fell out, thankfully I had the diamond. In the Barnstaple High street store (Devon) the lady told me she would have to send it off to get a quote and I would be called from the warehouse, if I was happy with the price they would go ahead and do the work. She said she could give me a ballpark figure of what it might be but still needed to be sent off for a proper evaluation. She said she thinks it would be around about £83. Off I went waiting a few weeks for this call, hadn't received anything. In the meantime I had found somewhere who would do it for £50 so thought great I would just go pick up my ring and take it there when it was back. Got a text from H.Samuel saying my item was back in store so go to collect my not fixed ring but they had done the work and said I had to pay. I explained I did not receive a call so never gave them permission to do the work on the ring and I was coming to collect my unfixed ring today. They told me what I was saying doesn't match what is in their system so they would need to speak to the lady who originally dealt with me. Had to go back up 2 days later was confronted by the store manager who was extremely rude. Brought my ring out in no bag just held in her hand, slammed it down on the glass top cabinet and said "well you may as well just have it as you have Miss understood what you were told and my employee tells me a different story" frankly I was shocked! But glad I didn't have to pay. Asked if I had to sign anything, she replied "no, but just so you know the work is not garunteed because you havnt paid for it " she then walks out into the back office. I left stunned she was so rude and had the attitude of a sulky teenager. Will never return here and will never recommend!

• Barnstaple height street