Used to be good but now dreadful customer service

Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk
2.3

Notsmilingnow's review of Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk

“Used to be good but now dreadful customer service”

written by Notsmilingnow on 16/06/2017

Smile used to be an excellent bank and I've been a customer for 14 years but not only have their services deteriorated but they act as if they are no longer bothered if I'm a customer or not. Incredibly, and to both my amazement and the astonishment of others I have told, smile recently decided to cease telephone banking. This means that if you have a problem it is impossible to speak to anyone. The only way to contact is via secure messaging which takes up to 24 hours - can you imagine having a conversation where the reply doesn't come back for hours and hours? When I complained I received a letter that did not in any way address the issue stated in the complaint and then the complaint file was promptly closed. And the online link is the only avenue for complaint. When I said I'm going to leave I received a thanks for my business but no attempt to keep my business. Smile is the last thing you do with this bank.

• 1 year and over