Terrible experience with Smile's new online banking

Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk
2.3

simonturner's review of Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk

“Terrible experience with Smile's new online banking”

written by simonturner on 01/10/2016

I've been waiting a couple of years for Smile to upgrade their very out of date online banking offering. And now they have I wished they hadn't. It's very slow, it takes ages to be able to select your pin number from the dropdowns and half the time when you log in it just takes you straight back to the first page with no explanation whatsoever where you have to enter your details all over again. (I've now given up and am writing this review instead) And once you do get in the new interface is so confusing my wife couldn't even work out how to transfer money. Added to that there is nothing like the functionality that other banks offer.

I am with Smile because it's an ethical cooperative.... or was. Now it's owned by venture capitalists whose sole aim is profit there's no reason to stay, so I'm off. Bye bye Smile. Shame though as the staff in their northern call centre were always very good. It's just that I wish I didn't have to call them so often.

• 1 year and over