Extremely poor customer service

Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk
2.3

DMGR's review of Smile Internet Banking www.smile.co.uk

“Extremely poor customer service”

written by DMGR on 18/02/2016

I applied for a new account which all went well until I got to the finalisation page - their website crashed before I could take a note of the application number. I contacted them to ask for confirmation of this as the number is required for checking the application progress online. They came back and advised I had to call them for security reasons. I did this, it took ages but eventually they gave me the required number. When I tried to use it, it didn't work! I therefore emailed them back to confirm, again they said I had to phone them. I've found them very slow to respond and unhelpful - considering this was the treatment for a brand new customer I advised them I would just look to close down the application. They haven't even had the courtesy to respond or let me know what has happened with my application. Extremely poor all round.

• 0 - 6 Months