Employers beware

2.1

Guest's review of Computeach www.computeach.co.uk

“Employers beware”

written by on 30/09/2014

Much like the previous reviewer, employers need to seriously consider any prospective employee armed with a Computeach certification.
In my own experience, I've seen Computeach-qualified, future employees with little experience, no common sense, and out-of-date knowledge.

When discussing industry standard skills and practices, all I received were blank expressions and phrases along the lines of "We didn't cover that." or "That wasn't in the course."

We even attempted to hire a front-end, UI, website constructor with a Computeach certification, but he knew very little about the industry practices, not having covered those, and told us (amazingly) his female tutor simply 'read from a book' and had no industry experience whatsoever!

As employers, how can we employ people whom aren't taught the necessary industry standard to do the job we provide with minimal instruction? How can you claim to teach 'industry recognised skills' and give an unrealistic salary expectation to coax customers?

My advice to potential customers is this: before you commit to their study, ensure you know what the industry you wish to get into wants/needs to see and ensure Computeach deliver it. In my experience as a recruitment manager, they don't.
If they can't deliver, go elsewhere and save your money for a better qualification provider.