Not worth the money

2.1

marcusstockton's review of Computeach www.computeach.co.uk

“Not worth the money”

written by marcusstockton on 11/06/2019

I spent the best part of £5k back in 2006 for a 2-year course in a bid to get me trained up as a software developer. A salesman came round, sold me the moon on a stick, and I chose the software developer route.
Then the 1st book came - Internet And Core Computing - I asked about this as I was expecting something around software development. They said it's standard as a way to build up my knowledge from the ground up.
Completed this course in a month or two, then the next book came - MCDST (Microsoft Certifed Desktop Support Technician) - again, asked them about this, they said it was to help me get placed in the industry. This took me around 1 year to complete. Finally got a programming book, that was pretty poor. Struggled through with this, trying to get into training sessions that were rarely on, and not usually at a suitable time when they were.
The whole thing was a joke really, making students jump through hoops to get to what they had paid for. I had hoped they would give me a structured course plan but instead seemed to palm off their books.
I would add that I am now a software developer, but it is with no thanks to computeach, as I learned more from youtube, and google than anything that computeach provided.