Not too shabby

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Babyliss Pro 230 Ceramic Hair Straighteners

“Not too shabby”

written by on 22/09/2012

I have had these straighteners for about 2/3 years now. I had ghd's before and when they broke (as they so often do!) I couldn't afford any more. I did a lot of reading on the web and found these were recommended.
Onto the actual performance, they definitely gave me a comparable finish to the ghd's. My hair is shoulder length and not really what I would call thick nor frizzy, it's just full of weird kinks and waves that need bullying into submission! It doesn't take long at all to achieve a reasonable looking finish to my hair, probably less than 5 minutes in all honesty.
I'm not sure if this has always been the way or I am just noticing now as they're wearing out, but they now leave my hair with a burnt kind of smell which isn't that pleasant. Also, the straightened result only lasts for a couple of hours now.I'm pretty sure this is a recent development as I don't remember thinking the same before, it's been the last few months I have noticed. However, as I only paid 30 quid for them a good couple of years ago, I don't think that they are too bad at all! I would recommend them to people.

• More than 1 year