WORST HEALTH CENTRE EVER

Foxilady1947's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“WORST HEALTH CENTRE EVER”

Written on: 05/10/2017 by Foxilady1947 (1 review written)

I used to belong to Nuffield in Cheam, Surrey. And NUffield was fabulous. Moved down to Kent 6 months ago, and joined this establishment. My doctor recommended I swim and do pilates to help my osteo arthritis of the spine. This was about 4 months or so ago and everything was ok. A few complaints about the condition of the jacuzzi was all. Then at the end of June I started getting vertigo attacks and doc said it was best not to swim or do pilates, as this was aggravating the condition. I rang the membership lady and told her I would like to freeze my account for a month, she said this wasn't possible and that the minimum was 3 months to which I agreed. I didn't think to stop the DD which my partner was paying for. However on checking the bank account last week low and behold they were drawing out the £60 a month! I went straight in to see the manager, well I might as well have been talking to a broom. All he could say was "she has been here a year and she would have given you a form to complete or asked you to email". I said she did neither of these and if she had I would have of course done so. Therefore, because I had purportedly not followed procedure there was nothing he could do. I sat opposite this man and said "when did the customer start being wrong?" Of course he would err on the side of a member of staff, always follow the money trail. I shall be writing directly to Duncan Bannantyne, as he needs to be aware of his inept staff. I am a 70 yr old retiree on a state pension, and also recovering from cancer. It's obvious Bannatynes don't give a hoot about their reputation, complacent in the fact that down here in Kent health spas are thin on the ground. His business will surely suffer with this kind of disregard for paying customers! So everyone, be warned. Be sure to cross your t's and dot your i's when dealing with this rather dodgy establishment. Plain and simple.