Super greenhouse once you get it up!

3.9

IorwerthLove's review of Rhino Greenhouses

“Super greenhouse once you get it up! ”

written by IorwerthLove on 24/02/2024

The individual parts are well made and the overall quality is excellent BUT a putting it up is a nightmare. My husband and I have put up and dismantled 4 greenhouses over the years, so we were quite confident. We have done a lot of diy and had plenty of tools and ladders. We should have been warned by the huge instruction book and mass of different parts. The instructions leave a lot to be desired, words like ‘just’ slide the glass in, don’t explain that the glass has to be squeezed in using very strong hands. The big panes of glass are hard to manhandle and the mounting strips have to be hammered in. Getting the last pane of glass in on each side was a real challenge. We got better but the first panes of glass were painfully slow. In all it took 50 hours, I was unable to contribute much, as my hands just were not strong enough to handle the clips and other fittings. We found a friend to help us, who had put up a Rhino greenhouse before. I think it would be much better to assemble the greenhouse in warm weather when the plastic and rubber elements, would be more flexible, we were assembling it in February in temperatures between 6-10C. If you could possibly afford it, I would get a professional to assemble it we wished we had.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products