Item different to what was ordered

Studio www.studio.co.uk
1.3

Santoss116's review of Studio - www.studio.co.uk

“Item different to what was ordered”

written by Santoss116 on 10/01/2024

I ordered a set of gabby's dolls house figures for my granddaughters birthday in few days time. Usual email to say order processed and another to say dispatched. When I opened package the gabby dolls house figures where a different set from ones ordered. I had no email to say item sold out and replacement being sent. If I had would've cancelled and searched elsewhere in time for the birthday.
I spoke to an online agent who apologised offered a refund on return of item. I explained I would keep the item as it was too close to granddaughters birthday to return and search for the original set elsewhere. I'm sure although a bit disappointed it was not the ones she had asked for I'm sure she would enjoy the set sent. The agent again apologised could not send original set could only offer refund on return if item sent.
I told them I just wanted to highlight to them and future customers that it appears poor communication of what they have in stock as stated on their site when item shown is in fact not what they stock. They should communicate to customer ASAP if sending different item and give customer a chance to cancel order before despatch.
What really annoys me is the fact despite complaining the original item is still showing on their site as in stock when it is obviously different to what they are sending out. False advertising. Buyers beware