London Experience

AidanScott's review of Premed Projects - www.premedprojects.co.uk

“London Experience”

Written on: 04/03/2017 by AidanScott (1 review written)

Seeing how difficult it is to get work experience in hospitals, I came across Premed Projects from my teacher as she knows how much I want to go into medicine. You really need work experience before you apply and I signed up to 1-weeks in London during February. I got the train from Manchester and when I stepped off I met at least 15 other students and the Premed Staff waiting in the station.

We waited and got a bus to take us to the accommodation which was really nice. It took us a little while to get checked in but after were were we met the entire group for the forst time. There was 32 ( I think!!!) on our program which was good but bad in the same way as we couldn’t really all get to know eacherother that well as we were only there for a week but was good that we never got bored!

Our rooms were very nice and all has a shower and a bathroom and I shared with 4 other girls meaning it wasn’t cramped.

On our first day we went to Georges hospital and we were able to learn all about the brain and were looked after by a really senior doctor there (forgot name!) who was really nice and didn’t make the subject boring at all but rather fascinating actually.

The next day we were in the royal society of medicine learning first aid and then went to the meet a senior doctor at the university of tropical medicine where we took part in her research. On Wednesday we went to Barts Hospital where we were able to learn clinical skills and shadow a doctor there and on Thursday we went to the British medical association for a day of interview and personal statement work. On our last day we went to an NHS hospital for some surgery experience.

Overall I had a really great time and learnt so much from the week. I feel confident in applying now and am looking to do another experience with Premed this summer to Thailand

Thanks again to the staff for being awesome and letting us have fun as well as teaching us incredible things.

Thanks