Pray you never have difficulties paying!

Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk
1.9

TJReviews's review of Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“Pray you never have difficulties paying!”

written by TJReviews on 30/05/2013

I'm afraid the bad reviews on here are not rival companies. I have had a very similar experience which has been devastating financially.
I work away from home a lot. After switching bank accounts (and my notes say a D.Debit was set-up, although Good Energy have no record) I continued my busy working life, with much time spent in various countries abroad. Being so busy I, admittedly, didn't keep on top of my personal paperwork. In brief, I came home from a trip to find a disconnected electrical supply. No phone messages, no emails (only Good Energy marketing offers?!) although they maintain they left/sent both. I explained that paper letters were not practical for me to keep on top of correspondence (all my other bills are via email). Tried to work out a really sensible up front sum and payment plan to clear their considerably higher-than-estimated bill and extortionate disconnection charges, they were very unsympathetic and were consistently argumentative, despite the fact I was very polite and assured them my aim was to pay everything owed quickly. They won't let you speak to the mysterious individuals who accept or deny your payment offer, it's all very smoke and mirrors with phone operatives having to go off to present your offer to some Wizard of Oz style characters who you will never encounter. Citizens Advice got involved and told me Good Energy were the most unreasonable supplier they had dealt with, were astonished they wouldn't agree a payment plan based on my generous terms of clearing the debt as fast as possible and advised me to switch to a major supplier who have more sensitive customer service. Only when you offer to pay the cost of electric in full and then agree an aggressive payment plan to clear the rest, will they start the reconnection process, with no guarantee it will be done swiftly. Good Energy may be Eco-friendly, however they are arrogant, unsympathetic and would clearly rather you were without heat or power than accept a fair and sensible payment plan. Go green, but for heavens sake never have financial difficulties....