BadEnergy, bad energy company go to your room

Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk
1.9

ant76's review of Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“BadEnergy, bad energy company go to your room”

written by ant76 on 20/02/2012

Had the misfortune of joining Goodenergy, thinking they must be good considering the environment. After a year of paying above the standard rate for our electricity we planned to move flat. Advised Good Energy of our meter reading, paid everything and left our property. We then got presented with a final gift which was another bill, when we queried this as we were no longer at the property and the reading didn't coincide with what we had, we were told that there was another meter which was for the stairway lighting(Which we didn't know existed being on the ground floor) and we were forced to pay £60. Its a bit odd they waited for us to leave and then charged us for a meter we weren't aware existed and based on where we moved to, it would have cost us more to prove them wrong not to mention interest they would likely put on top. In short GoodEnergy is bad. I would sooner pull out my own teeth before I give them a second chance. Steer clear!

Im-Here-To-Review's Response to ant76's Review

Written on: 10/12/2012

Who did you think was paying for the stairway lighting? Doesn't seem fair your ignorance means a bad review for a company providing you a service.

Ant76's reply to Im-Here-To-Review's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2012

Your arrogance is astounding, you don't know the layout of the building yet you assume I am ignorant and Good Energy are indeed good. I was nowhere near the stairs and being on the ground floor away from the stairs they had no impact on me whether they were lit or not as I didn't need or use the stairs. I had not received a monthly bill for stairway lighting yet I had for our flat for over a year. Why would anyone expect it acceptable to be charged for something more than a year after moving in and only after moving out do I receive a bill for lighting I knew nothing about. I am not ignorant, common sense prevails. Your response to my comment 10months after I left it leads me to believe you are a some what bored employee of Green Energy. If Good Energy were indeed providing a service and it was warranted I be charged for stairway lighting why wait for over a year until I leave to then send me the bill for it?