Knowingly stealing from people!

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk

“Knowingly stealing from people!”

Written on: 31/08/2013

I tried e-harmony as I liked the idea that they had more criteria to create better matches. However, after about 3 weeks it was clear this didn't work at all. The 'matches' I was sent were people I was barely compatible with and had personality traits that I didn't find at all attractive.

Unfortunately I'd locked myself into the 3 month option, so I just waited it out and then when the option cleared on the website to cancel the auto-renew function (you aren't able to do this until your second payment has been made), I went on the exact same day, cancelled it and it showed on my account for the remaining weeks that the auto-renew function was off and the subscription would end on a particular date.

The date that the subscription was supposed to end, I had a notification to say that another payment had gone out from my account. I called their customer care department to point out their mistake, request a refund and ensure my subscription was cancelled once and for all and they said that I was now locked into another 3 months and the very best they could do for me was to change my subscription down to a 1 month deal and not refund me, but actually charge me extra money! I couldn't believe it. They treated me like they were doing me a favour by planning to take even more money from me.

When I went on the internet to see if any other people had experienced similar problems, it turns out that this trick of switching your auto-renew back on again is all-too-common.

Thankfully I had paid through PayPal, so I disputed the payment and within 24 hours, PayPal agreed that the payment was fraudulent and returned the money to my account. I would recommend to anyone thinking of e-harmony to AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I had much better success on OK Cupid (which is free!) I hope this review stops anyone else falling into the trap of e-harmony's deceitful and fraudulent business practices. Happy dating!

• Ease Of Navigation