Unhelpful & Lazy staff at River Island Hounslow

2.1
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of River Island

“Unhelpful and Lazy staff at River Island Hounslow”

written by on 28/07/2016

I find River Island staff in general very unhelpful, but the Hounslow store is the worst. In the height of sales, dont expect to have clothes labelled with prices and if you do need a price check, you will be barked at to 'go to the till' and wait in the queue, even though there are staff standing around doing nothing and an empty till, which they can easily access to check the prices on. Also after payment, if you do happen to leave your debit card at the till (yes it happened!), dont expect them to come after you to give it back to you even if you are still in the store! How dodgy is that! When I did finally realise that I had left my card back in River Island, after wanting to pay for something in New Look and not having my card to do so, I ran back to River Island, to their tills (as the floor staff looked too busy looking at their nails) distressed and worried, spoke to the member of staff there, only to be told 'wait!', no compassion, no reassurance, just 'wait!'. He took his time to open the till, rummaged, and asked for a name, and handed the card over and just turned away like a robot. That was that! Even my bank was more sympathetic and consoling on the phone when I reported that I had left my card in River Island. She reassured me that these things happen and not to worry!

Shocking to see that in a small store like Hounslow's with not much foot traffic, they have four staff and not one was helpful. Two of which were doing nothing, what a waste of time, resource and money!

This is not the first time that I've experienced terrible service from River Island, but you always put the first bad experience down to people having a 'bad' day. Then when you start to see a trend, you think hmmmmm maybe River Island is as bad as you thought!

In terms of their clothes, overpriced and 'old'. Better off shopping with Zara or Topshop, excellent sales and helpful staff!

• hounslow