A store worth avoiding..If you really do value your money.

River Island
2.1
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

charlie0143's review of River Island

“A store worth avoiding..If you really do value your money.”

written by charlie0143 on 25/10/2015

Went into the Glasgow Argyle Street Store yesterday to look at buying two coats at a cost of £110 each.
On looking around and noticing they didn't have the size I was looking for. I spoke to a member of staff.
During him tying to assist me. He was bopping about to the in store music, chewing chewing gum and was Thee most uninterested guy I have ever had serving me.

I'm then told. If you want this ' stuff'!! Not clothes but ' stuff 'In that size you'll have to go home and order it online, pay for it, if you don't like it then it'll be up to you to return it for a refund.
While waiting on this helpful alert knowledgeable member of saff ( note the sarcasm )
I over heard some customers asking about student discounts, only for the other member of staff scoffing. ' oh river island doesn't offer discounts '

If you consider the store was next to Premark selling pretty much like for like at a drastically lower price tag than river island has And also the staff are nicer.
I guess ' river island ' has lost another customer.

Oh. And staff at Premark are not allowed to chew food while serving on the shop floor.
Its rude. It's disgusting. And it's dam well unprofessional.

• Argyle street Glasgow