Yes to river island, no to Croydon branch

River Island
2.1
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

WaylonBoyle320's review of River Island

“Yes to river island, no to Croydon branch”

written by WaylonBoyle320 on 19/05/2015

i love river island and I have been a very loyal customer for years however I was greatly disappointed with how I was treated at the branch in Croydon. Last year, possibly in the summer. I had purchased a silk t shirt with an image of the tiger head and wanted to return it due to the item being damaged, I had not even worn it, washed it nothing. I told them that I may have brought the item like that.
If they had said sorry we can't take it back due to its condition then fine but they then accused me of wearing it and that's why the item became damaged. Even though I told them that is false, it hadn't even touched my skin they accused me of being liar. Then the manager got involved who agreed with her colleague and accused me of lying. I was so appalled that day because generally the staff are great but now after that embarrassing encounter in front of other customers I cannot bring myself to go back into that store.

• croydon