Used to be ace

• Layout of shop

Happyjoe01's review of Fat Face

“Used to be ace”

written by Happyjoe01 on 16/10/2023

I've been buying from fatface for a few years but I think they now trade on their previous good reputation. They've gone in earnest on the 'green' label but the material (Lenzing ecovero) they now use shrinks several inches on first wash, or simply doesn't last anymore. I've dresses from FF from 4 years ago that have lasted longer than ones bought this year. The material, if doesn't shrink, disintegrates after a few months of light use on a lot of their pretty tops. I also have knitwear that has unravelled by the pockets and a coat that tore by the poppers after a couple months of wearing it an hour every night. The prices have jumped sky high too despite the quality getting worse.
Also, I think they may have changed manufacturers of their clothing - sizes were normally generous but the same. Now they've gone down the annoying route of being able to buy 3 of the same item, same size but what arrives is vastly different so their sizing is no longer reliable. I never buy jewellry from there at all, as the one and only item went rusty fast - all their jewellry has a caveat of 'keep away from water' which if you think about it, is impossible. We wash our hands, we sweat. Water is us!

Bit of a ramble, but I hope someone from FF reads this. If they keep getting worse, people will walk. They should sell fewer items that are quality, rather than the fast fashion they now chuck out.

• Quality of service