An awful service that added to, not relieved, our stress

Jane161's review of Molly Maid Domestic Cleaning Services www.mollymaid.co.uk

“An awful service that added to, not relieved, our stress”

Written on: 09/08/2017 by Jane161 (1 review written)

We used Molly Maid Chelmsford for an end of tenancy clean and it was an awful experience; despite clarifying in person and in writing that the clean needed to start at a certain time and be completed by a certain time, ahead of check-out and handing keys back, no-one showed up at the agreed time. When I called, it became apparent that it was a franchise arrangement and there was no possible way of reaching the manager of the Chelmsford branch except via email. 3 calls and 2 hours later the cleaners still had not arrived and I was frantic. The reception taking my calls claimed to have no way to reach the manager except via emailing her and they could give me no information on if or when any cleaners would actually turn up. It was highly stressful and inappropriate and although the receptionist seemed sympathetic to my situation, there was nothing she could do. Given that Molly Maid say satisfaction is guaranteed, the way they managed this situation, and indeed how it seems the franchise model is managed, is definitively not conducive to great customer service and I would not use them again. The cleaners eventually arrived 2 hours and 15 minutes after they were scheduled and they finished at the point the inventory clerk arrived. Although they did a reasonable job overall, some parts were clearly rushed and I was charged for elements not cleaned to the required standard. All in all a very bad experience that did not "take the stress out of everyday life" but badly added to it. Avoid.

Mollymaidsupportoffice's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear that you feel you had a bad experience with the MOLLY MAID Service. Your comments will be passed to your local MOLLY MAID Franchise Owner.