Reminds me why I don't go to cinema very often!

1.8
  • Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

Jules1979's review of Vue

“Reminds me why I don't go to cinema very often!”

written by Jules1979 on 01/11/2015

Went to watch Spectre yesterday with my boyfriend, the last time we went to pictures was to see Skyfall so it's not something we do often and with fairly good reason really.

It cost almost £18 for two of us to get in which is pricey to say the least, we choose to see the 4K version at 13.15 which is supposed to be like some kind of super high definition - the film did not appear to be above standard definition so I was glad the 4k versions didn't cost extra to watch or i'd have been complaining!

We went in just before the 13.15 start time only to be bombarded by adverts and numerous film trailers for a good 40 minutes!This is not acceptable and in future I will ignore the start time and come in at least 20 mins after because it seriously started to wind me up! Then you get the announcement that tells you the film is about to begin, you breathe a sigh of relief only to then have to sit through an advert for Vue, an advert for Dolby Surround and an advert for Sony!! The other thing that annoyed me was the high volume of the trailers and adverts - it was uncomfortable on my ears after 40 or so minutes of noise blasting at me.

The beginning of the film was quite noisy too but thankfully quietened down.

The other problem we notice every time we go in to Vue is the squeaking chairs, constant squeaks every time certain people moved slightly.

Enjoyed the film a lot but it was a long film so again could have done with out the 40 minutes of silly adverts and trailers before hand! It's not like at home where you can pause things and get up for a leg stretch etc.

The temperature was a bit cold in there too, had to put my coat back on halfway through the film.

I cannot understand why tons of people complain about the food in there yet stupidly buy it! They won't reduce the prices while people are willing to pay them! We never buy a thing in there, we personally can sit for a few hours without needing to eat and drink! That's another annoying element because they sell cold drinks in cups that look to hold 1.5 to 2 pints of pop! Taking into account all the adverts the idiots who buy the super sized drinks have had to sit through they inevitably start getting up for a pee during the film! Why drink like a fish during the film and then start annoying everybody and missing ten minutes of your expensive film by going to the loo!

Our Vue has a stand near the screening rooms selling alcohol and snacks but don't bother with it as it's airline prices! £3.70 for a can of Carling!

We unfortunately don't have any other cinema where we live so once in while when we really want to see a film on a big screen we have to go to Vue.

• Scunthorpe