Empire Gift Cards - a very bad idea & not recommended

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

Shrivy's review of Empire Cinema

“Empire Gift Cards - a very bad idea and not recommended”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by Shrivy (1 review written)

Don't buy the gift cards - they end up being bad value. You can only do it by phone, it is a chargeable nuble (10p per minute) and they read out loads of terms and conditions. I put in the card details using the key pad - but you are then put through to an operator who asks for the card details again - and reads out all the terms and conditions again to extend the call duration. Because the voucher was for £20 and I only bought two tickets - the call handler put me on hold to check if I had to spend it all in one go - Don't they train these people? Surely a very basic point that must apply to every call - I cannot believe everybody else spends the whole voucher value every time. I suspect that was another way of extending the call.

I chose to book for a day and time that I knew had availability from theweb site. It tooks 7 minutes and cost 70p + a booking charge of 60 or 70p as I recall + the cost of the call.

So in my view, not impressive, poor value and service. Not good as a gift idea.