Lambrini Summer Fruits Cider

Lambrini Cider Summer Fruits
4.2

malishka13's review of Lambrini Cider Summer Fruits

“Lambrini Summer Fruits Cider”

written by malishka13 on 05/10/2012

I am a huge fan of Lambrini so was absolutely delighted when BzzAgent offered me a free bottle to try. Lambrini Cider comes in 3 flavours; apple and pear (a mix of British apples and pears with a crisp refreshing taste), forest fruits (crushed raspberries and blackberries with crisp pear cider) and summer berries (hints of strawberry and elderflower swirled with crisp pear cider). Apple and pear sounded a little boring and I’m not a big lover of pears, so the decision was between forest fruits and summer berries. After much deliberation I went for summer berries as it sounded and looked more exciting.

The bottle retailed at just £3.05 in Tesco which is very good value. I was instantly impressed by the bottle design. It’s a gorgeous looking bottle, very girly and pretty with pale pink and gold trim for the summer fruits (I was reluctant to throw it away after it was empty!). I chose the 75cl bottle over the pack of 4x 330ml bottles.

As soon as I got home I chilled the bottle in the fridge ready for the evening. Due to the rare sunny weather I’d invited 4 friends round for a BBQ. I poured 4 large glasses and shared it out with my friends. The colour is a lovely rich pink colour and it has quite a fruity smell. I took a sip and I myself absolutely loved it. It was light, refreshing and you could really taste the fruits. The berry flavour was the strongest taste with a subtle alcohol taste underneath. The sweetness of the berries perfectly complimented the sourness of the alcohol. I would say it was closer to sweet wine or even fizzy fruit juice than cider which was a bonus for me. I have a very sweet tooth though so this may be overly sweet for other people. Most of my friends loved it as well although one though it was a bit sweet for their taste. The strength of the fizziness was good at first although became flat after about 15 minutes of sitting in the glass.

Overall it was the perfect addition to a relaxed summer evening BBQ. I have found something that I like even better than the usual Lambrini wine and will definitely be buying this again. A fantastic, tasty, summer drink!