Customer service staff are complete idiots!

Guest's review of Ihampers.co.uk Xmas Hampers

“Customer service staff are complete idiots!”

Written on: 17/12/2012

Our company ordered some hampers from this company with a promise of a certain delivery date. A week later they had not turned up.
They were blaming the courier company - stating that the courier company had delivery problems.
After finding out which courier company they were using, I called the courier and was told that the hampers were not with them because ihampers had not requested the collection yet.

I passed this information back on to ihampers customer services and could not believe the way I was spoken to. I was accused of lying, and that I hadn't even spoken to the courier, I got told it was "convenient" that I didn't have a name of a person at the courier company. The girl on the phone even shouted at me and started laughing!

After reading all these bad reviews, all I was asking for was a refund, but I was told I couldn't have a refund. They said I would have to wait until the hampers arrived, and only then could I reject the delivery and request a refund.

In total, they hung up on my 7 times, ignored my phonecalls, ignored my emails, and persistently told me I couldn't speak to a manger.

Seen as the company head office is local to me I suggested I would call in to their reception and wait for a manager to be available. On suggesting this - the girl on the phone started laughing. I could not believe the way I was being spoken to - it was like I was having an argument with a child. There was no apology, just an aggressive response.

It was only after suggesting that I was on my way to speak to a manager in person, that I was actually spoken to by an adult. To be fair - this person listened to me, and said he would check everything out and call me back in 30 minutes - which he did.

They eventually told me that they would give a refund "but we don't normally give refunds" were the words used.

Stay clear of this company - I will be surprised if they are still trading this time next year anyway.